Wilson International Trade Consultants Inc. has been in business in Edmonton for the past 40 plus years where we have earned the reputation as competent, reliable and knowledgeable consultants on “international trade”. The principal of the company, Bruce Wilson, has over 45 years experience in international marketing and trade.
The main thrust of our practice is to identify export opportunities for our clients’ products or services. In addition, we give advice to our clients on all other international aspects, such as acquiring funds, bid bonds, bank guarantees, insurance, freight forwarding, selecting suitable foreign agents and representatives, etc. We give advice on working with the international funding organizations, such as the World Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank, and the Asian Development Bank.
We have our own network of over 300 sales agents/associates covering over 100 countries who specialize in providing services within their local regions. These individuals have been hand-selected throughout the past 30 years to provide a broad range of logistical support.
We also offer a very specialized service to existing international companies for comprehensive problem solving. These services include, but are not limited to, logistical support, identifying business opportunities, finalizing outstanding business and assisting with qualifying regional markets.
Additionally, we are knowledgeable of the federal and provincial programs available to assist exporters, and we liaise with these departments on a regular basis.
Clients who have used or services include:
• Government of Canada - Department of Western Economic Diversification
• Government of Alberta - Department of Economic Development and Trade
• Techna-West Engineering Ltd.
• Focus Corporation
• Oilco Services and Supply Ltd.
Services Provided Include but are not Limited to:
• Forwarding your corporate literature to approximately 300 Wilson International agents covering 130 countries (or to any selected region) to assist with promotion, liaison and sourcing of opportunities
• Forwarding your corporate literature to government agencies, both domestic and international
• Forwarding our client’s corporate literature to various end-users of products or services in the appropriate disciplines/industries
• Advice your company on identifying foreign importers/distributors for our client’s products/services, as required
• Advice and instruct your company on registering with the major international lending organizations and the appropriate government departments
• Give advice on assisting with financial matters; i.e. bid bonds, bank guarantees, preparing quotations, etc.
• Give advice on locating government funding (where applicable)
• Give advice on preparing documentation and freight forwarding
• Assisting with all follow-up, communications, etc., as required
• Giving advice on identifying appropriate projects
• Giving advice on providing logistical support, including accommodation, customs clearing, transportation services, office provisions and related services
• We provide international negotiating to finalize international contracts, including joint ventures and/or licensing agreements on behalf of our client
• Giving “In House” seminars relating to international trade
• Assisting our clients on a “project by project” basis
• Liaising on behalf of our clients with the provincial, federal and international government departments
• Conducting guest lectures on international trade at universities and colleges
IMPORTANT! We act for only one company in each discipline, for a given period of time, so as to prevent conflicts of interest so book an no cost consultation today!
Wilson International has a proven track record on all the services we offer and references are readily available.
Remuneration for the above mentioned services are calculated on a fee for services rendered basis.